Monday, September 8, 2008

Creature Carnival

If you are a frequent YouTube visitor, like I am, you may have noticed this commercial which has appeared on the front page of YouTube all weekend.



Spore is a new computer game from the same makers as the Sims. It's not my cup of tea. It seems a bit too much like the old old SimLife I use to play when I was 10 years old. What I did find interesting about Spore is how much it reminded me of this nonsensical commercial from Coke:



See a resemblance? I certainly do. This Coke Commercial is at least a year and a half old though. It did not make much sense to me, and I only remembered it when I saw the spore commercials. What would have made more sense, would be for Coke to re-release this commercial to tie it into the promotions for Spore. Enjoy a nice cold coke as you play your video games! Combining advertisements creates a type of Synergy from Co-Branding. As you saw in my post last friday, Co-branding can make two mediocre ads suddenly stand out from the crowd.

No comments: